- Is life feeling exceptionally difficult, and almost “impossible” to work through right now?
- Could you use an expert opinion on what you’re going through, or a non-judgemental ear just to listen?
- Do you think you could benefit the most from individualized attention?
- Are you hesitant to talk to others about your problems?
- Do you want someone to help you angle “your mirror” to better understand the connections between your struggles and other aspects of your life?
- Do you believe there is hidden pain that you want evidence backed methods to help process, and finally feel free from?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then individual therapy could be the solution you’ve been seeking. Individual therapy differs from group or alternative therapy methods in the way that you are the sole focus of a single therapist who helps you develop and achieve your goals for therapy.
If you’ve been feeling hopeless or lost lately, or struggling with a problem in your life that feels unsurmountable, individual therapy could help you improve your everyday life. Individual therapy helps you win against whatever you’re battling by putting a real expert in your corner by means of a professional therapist.
So if any of these sound like you…
- You keep worrying about the same problem over and over
- You don’t know who you could ever trust with knowing about your secret struggle
- You wish there was somebody who could tell you why you feel this way
- You’re interested in therapy, but you don’t want to give up total control
- Other areas of your life are being negatively impacted by your struggle
- You need somebody to listen to you and your feelings for once
- You’re interested in therapy, but not sure how it could fit into your life
- You have (had) several goals/ a different vision for your life, but you feel you are not accomplishing it.
- You feel isolated from your peers and family, or that you just can’t “catch up” with everyone else.
- You have been using various coping mechanisms (shopping, eating, drinking, smoking, etc) for so long that you feel you have lost your sense of self
- You feel there is little hope left to improve your life situation.
Individual therapy is so helpful for so many people because it’s the best way to get truly customized therapy. If you’re looking for help improving your everyday life – or for a more tailored therapy experience – you would be a great fit for individual therapy services.
Check out the American Psychological Association’s summary about the effectiveness of counseling and psychotherapy here